- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe of Quick Khaman Dhokla
- Use Khaman Dhokla by Gits or
- For Batter
- Gram Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Eno - 1 tsp
- curd/yogurt (dahi) - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- pinch of hing(asafoetida0
- Green chillies(cut into halves) - 6
- Curry leaves - 7
- water - 1 lt
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 dsp
- Grated coconut - 1 dsp
- You can either buy Gits Khaman dhokla or make it yourself.
- Firstly, you should heat water for the dhokla to be steamed.
- While water starts boiling. Simply mix all above ingredients which is provided for the batter.
- It includes gram flour, lemon juice, oil, yogurt and make sure you add eno towards the end.
- Simultaneously, in a box grease it with oil and fill it with the batter.
- Now add the batter in the box and steam it for 15 mins.
- While the dhokla is in the process, you can take a pan and add oil with few mustard seeds and and asafoetida.
- Now add the halves of green chillies and curry leaves
- Now add the water and sugar and salt and give it a boil.
- You can also add or subtract the sugar and salt according to the taste.
- By this time your dhokla would have been ready and you can take out from the gas and let it cool.
- After cooling, pour the water onto the dhokla till the time it is fully soaked in water.
- Pour the left mustard seeds and curry leaves and leave the remaining water if its more.
- Garnish it with coconut and coriander leaves.