- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipe of Poha/Chidwa
Poha/Poge is the most common breakfast in Maharashtra or a teatime snack too. It is basically made from flattened rice and is made in onions, chopped carrots, peanuts. It is a light breakfast if you do not want a full heavy breafast.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds with peanuts and saute for a min.
- Simultaneously wash the poha and let them to drain in a sieve. Make sure it is not soaked in water and are left dry.
- Add onions and green chillies and saute for 2 mins, now add the grated carrot, peas and sweetcorn.
- Add salt, turmeric, garam masala, sabji masala, and mix well.
- Now finally add and mix the poha in the pan and after 3 to 4 mins of cooking you can switch of the gas and serve hot.